Ormiston Academies Trust
“High quality teaching in most subjects, regular homework and opportunities to catch up on coursework in their personal learning time enables students to learn in depth, reinforce their understanding and broaden their knowledge.” Ofsted 2013
Click on the logo to visit Ormiston Academies Trust
Ormiston Academies Trust (OAT) is the sponsor of Ormiston Venture Academy.
OAT is a not for profit multi-academy sponsor.
Ormiston sponsored its first academy in 2006; the Gateway Academy in Thurrock.
At the time it was one of the most challenging schools in the country and only 13 per cent of students achieved five A*–C grades including English and maths. After steadily rising results, the academy was rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2011.
OAT now has a family of academies across England. We believe that every school and community is unique, so we do not impose a ‘one size fits all’ approach to teaching and learning. Our academies are encouraged to respond to the needs of their students and their community. We support our academies to share good practice and are committed to giving their staff increased opportunities for professional development.
OAT is run by educationalists who believe that every child matters. It is a not for profit organisation committed to giving the best possible service to academies. It ensures the full involvement of parents and families in the life of the academy, especially in terms of helping their children and young people learn and achieve.
An Ormiston academy:
- Shares its talents and best ideas with others in the network
- Collaborates with a network of academies from across the UK
- Improves results with the help of a dedicated school improvement team
- Has access to expertise including marketing and PR, finance, ICT and HR at a low cost
- Develops its own unique personality
- Gets good value for money from its expert services
- Is not alone when Ofsted visits
- Works with a sponsor that invests in the future of education