At Venture, we are committed to ensuring that we provide an outstanding education to our local community.
Although we welcome applications for enrolment from all students, we will apply the following criteria when applications exceed the number of places available.
1. Looked after children (as defined by section 22 of the Children Act 1989)
2. A student who holds a statement of Special Education Needs and the academy is named under part 4 of this statement.
3. Up to 10% of students on the basis of aptitude in Computing *
4. Siblings of students who will be on roll at the time of the application
5. Children living in the town of Gorleston, the Parish of Bradwell and the catchment area served by Belton Moorlands Catchment area **
6. Children whose parent/carer is a staff member at the academy with 2 or more years’ service or recruited to a vacancy with an identified skills shortage.
7. Children living outside the priority areas listed in rule (5) above.
If all children within any of the above rules cannot be offered a place, the highest priority will be given to children living nearest to the academy within that rule.
Planned Admission Numbers (PAN) are 180 pupils per year group from Year 7-11.
* Parents who wish to apply for their child to be considered for admittance under the criteria for aptitude or ability in Computing (up to 10% of intake) must complete an application form available from the academy from 10th September. When completed it should be returned to the Principal by 30th September of the year prior to transfer. (The academy will set a test for these pupils and will make every reasonable effort to inform parents of the outcome by 31st October, prior to parent’s submission of the Common Application Form to the Local Authority).
** Criterion (5) Belton Moorlands Catchment area: Parishes of Belton, Browston, Burgh Castle, Fritton and St. Olaves
Applications are made through Norfolk County Council. Please click on logo to be taken to their website.